![]() |
| original image |
Hallo die Schikeria!
"Every great dream begins with a dreamer." - Harriet Tubman
I stumbled upon this Read Your Colour quiz, I think on Twitter, random popup on my timeline. If any of you want to see yourself what kind of colour reader you are, you can click on the link above, or search Read Your Colour quiz. I took it, and the image above is my result.
You Are a Purple Reader - The Unbound Innovator
According to the website, a purple reader is a bold, unconventional thinker who thrives on experimental storytelling and genre-defying narratives. After finishing a book, they want to feel intellectually awakened and creatively invigorated, as if they've glimpsed a new way of seeing the world. More information on the purple reader can be read over here.
Purple Readers seek stories that defy the usual formulas. They want to be surprised not just by what happens, but by how it happens — through strange structures, experimental styles, or ideas that tilt reality just enough to make them see everything differently. For Purples, reading is an act of rebellion against predictability. They treasure books that make them feel unique just for loving them. - Steven Reese on Read Your Colour's Substack
Personally, I feel like this describe me so much on what kind of reader I am. The book recommendations for this type is kind of hit & miss, yet it does stir some curiosity in me what the book is all about. Some of the examples for this type of reader are: Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace, Cloud Atlas by David Mitchell, Kafka on The Shore by Haruki Murakami, and The Road by Cormac McCarthy.
Since I'm subscribing the creator of this website on Substack, the latest post he uploaded is about describing one word for each type. One word that describes the purple readers is different. I personally lowkey feels like it's giving pick-me girl kind of energy, but in a good way; I guess I lowkey like it. I do like being different than other people, only little bunch of people whom I can relate and understand.
To give some input, I would like to recommend some books that the fellows purple readers may enjoy reading. From a purple reader, to another purple reader. Here are some of the list of recommendation that I personally enjoy to read as a fellow purple reader.
![]() |
| Convenience Store Woman by Sayaka Murata (google image) |
![]() |
| Earthlings by Sayaka Murata (google image) |
![]() |
| All The Lover in The Night by Mieko Kawakami (google image) |
![]() |
| Cursed Bunny by Bora Chung (google image) |
My book recommendations may focus on Asian Literature and woman authors, 'cause that's the kind of books I have read for the last 7/8 years. I don't read that much fiction books from Western authors, probably because I have notice in seeing similar plot from various book on particular genre that I've read during my foundation and degree years, I get easily bored with it. If you still want some recommendation on Western books, you really need to check out on the Read Your Colour website. The creator of the website really curate good books for each type of readers. Anyway, hope to see your comments on what kind of reader you are, and see you on the next post!
.jpg)






0 Comments