96: a birthday letter to you

 

pexels.com

Playing music: Ride on Time // Tatsuro Yamashita
Hallo die Schikeria!

"Birthdays have a way of sticking in our minds, even after we've moved on from relationships. It's like a small thread of connection that lingers, even when the rest has unraveled. Outgrowing people or losing touch doesn't erase the impact they had on our lives, and remembering their birthdays is a reminder of that. It's bittersweet - acknowledging growth and change while still holding on to a part of the past." - @Jituvala7968 on Twitter

To the person that I loved in the past,

I remember, a week before, I asked you beforehand on your schedule and any request that you want for your birthday. You replied, "I'll get along with anything you plan for me", so I did.  I planned on the present, the tentative and everything in between. I was ecstatic, waiting the day to finally meet you again, spending the time together just the two of us. Finally, the day has come. Two days before, we went out on a date and celebrate your birthday, making a memorable thing for us. You came at my house, picked me up, and we went on the date together for the whole day, send me back home, safely and you went back home too. 

The clock strike at 12 o' clock at today's date, immediately I wished you happy birthday over text. You replied immediately, giving updates on opening the birthday present I gave you. To be fair, I gave you pretty random stuffs and whatever that I can think of as I was planning it; one of the things that I gave you is a handwritten letter. I was planning to do something else, but I managed to write a handwritten letter instead.

"I really love your letter. I like your handwriting and it makes me smile really wide while reading it. Makes me swoon; makes me fall in love with you even more. This is the best give that I ever had. I will cherish this forever in my heart. You are someone special to me. I love you the most 💞"

Believe me, it makes me fall in love with you even more too. You have no idea how much your words heavily carrying the emotions that means so much to me. It was a memorable time that I cherish, even 'til this day. 

5 years later; here I am, writing this letter in the hope of wishing you well and hoping that you have a better life than before. I want you to know that I've manage to live a good life after we went our own ways. I've finished up my Masters degree; god knows how many times I told myself that I want to quit, yet I didn't. I tried out stuffs that I've been meaning to do with you, by myself. I found new people along the way as I was walking a new path without you by my side. I've engaged more meaningful connections with my family and friends. I explore and experience new things that I haven't had the slightest idea that I would even try it in my life. I learn and understand about myself more, but this wouldn't happen if it wasn't for you that helped me guide me the way, and I continued to walk on that path. 

In writing this, I ended up yapping a lot and getting astray from the objective of the birthday letter. Anyway, happy birthday to you.  I genuinely hope that you are doing well, moving forward towards the life that brings you peace and content. I wish that I could listen to your stories again. I wish that we can meet again for one last time, but I guess that's impossible. I always think of you in this "right person, wrong timing" mindset; sadly, I learn to make peace with the fact that you probably are the wrong person after all. One thing I'll say is you've made our encounter an important one hell of a lesson for me to learn and carry on, and yet, you're my favourite chapter in the book that I love to reread all over again, smiling at the fragment memories of the reality that we used to lived.

You may not be in my life anymore, but memories of us will stay with me 'till the day I die. I'm not hoping anything back from you, it just that I think I need to let this out from my system. So yeah, tanjoubi omedetou.

Yours truly, 
Your past lover.

0 Comments