Not All Right, but It's Alright

 

google images


Playing music: The Good Side // Troye Sivan
Hey y'all.

"There was nothing that went according to my plans."

Ji An working as a contract employee in an advertisement company. This is a story of how she deals with her new life as a working young adult and struggles in her daily life. This web series only consists of 10 episodes about 15 minutes long of each episode and it's available on YouTube under PlayList Global channel. My rating for this series, I would give 8.5/10.

How did I stumble upon this series?

Thanks to Faten for her review on WHY: What Happened to Your Relationship, it's my first introduction on PlayList Global channel on YouTube and in k-drama web series. Due to lost interest in Korean pop culture, I haven't watched any k-drama for years. I have no idea what happened to me, such interest starts to develop in me, and so here I am. This kind of web series for me is not the typical mainstream kind of k-drama, it got me a bit interest to keep continue watching it. After I watched WHY's web series, I started to dig more on what's available on the channel that I can watch later on. Then, I found this series. 

Why do I like this series?

Web series ini menceritakan tentang Ji An yang berusaha keras dalam hidup dia. Benda yang sangat berkait rapat dengan situasi hidup aku sekarang. Watak Ji An sangat kena dengan diri aku. Ada babak dalam series ni bila aku tengok lakonan Ji An, terasa macam tengok cerminan diri sendiri.

"Ji An, just.. if you're not happy about this, can't you just tell me? Seeing you struggling on your own like this makes me frustrated and uncomfortable too."
"What should I say when the decision's already been made? Tell you everything? It's easy for you since you're a full-timer and good at this. You're not in the same situation as me."

Sekarang, aku sendiri tengah dalam dilema dengan hidup. Aku baru saja habiskan semester akhir di universiti dan sekarang telah masuknya waktu bertungkus-lumus dalam mencari kerjaya dan sama waktu dengannya. Sudah sampai masa yang kau mempersoalkan dengan apa yang kau nak dalam hidup, kehidupan macam mana yang kau inginkan, apa yang kau boleh bagi balik kepada masyarakat dan mencari apa tujuan kau hidup dekat dunia ini.

"Sis, why do you always say you'll take care of everything? That's what family is for. Why do you think you're the only adult in this family?"  

All these endless questions and possibilities will continue to play at the back of my head, and sometimes, it takes a toll on me. I become too absorbed with uncertain futures, thus it gives an impact on my daily life. Took a deep breath, and exhale. I took a step back and focus on what I can do and take action on little things that I can do for the time being. I have to remind myself only to focus on the things that I can do and not being too tense about things that are out of my control.

"Getting adult doesn't mean you have to carry all the burden of the world on your shoulder."

"We're all confused child who doesn't really know how to deal with everything."


Macam apa yang aku cakap sebelum ini, watak Ji An terasa dekat dengan diri aku dan aku boleh kaitkan diri aku dengan watak ini. Mesej yang paling penting dalam series ini bagi aku adalah, perubahan itu suatu yang pasti. Macam mana aku nak hadap dengan perubahan dan belajar terima dengan perubahan itu yang memberi satu pengajaran yang aku boleh pegang sepanjang hidup.

Here's the playlist link of Not All Right, but It's Alright web series, if you're interested in watching it.

Not All Right, but It's Alright playlist

4 Comments

  1. You know itsa good one when it makes us questioned things :)

    Uff, I haven't watched this one. Might as well do it before starting my new semester!

    May Allah ease everything!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. True that. Hope you'll watch it and May Allah ease everything for you too!

      Delete
  2. this one sounds interesting too. ahh i wish i had more time to watch drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is interesting and I encourage for you to watch it during free time!

      Anyway, thank you for coming to my blog

      Delete